These are good... really good. If you like caramelized onions then you will love this recipe. The onions take a little bit of patience to get nice and golden brown but other than that, it is as easy as heating up a skillet and making a quesadilla. Sometimes I throw in some grilled chicken, sometimes I don't. It is good either way.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 8 inches whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- grilled chicken sliced (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sugar and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are dark golden brown. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook 2 minutes, or until spinach is just wilted. Remove from skillet and turn off heat. Spread some of the feta cheese on each tortilla and top with spinach, tomato and onion; fold closed and press lightly. Heat the skillet and cook two minutes per side, or until golden brown and lightly crisp.
Leave a comment